Baltimore City Public Schools believes that family and community engagement is essential tostudent success. Research documents the positive effect of parent involvement on the lives ofstudents. Students who feel supported and encouraged by their families are more likely to besuccessful in school, graduate, and go on to college.
The support and care that each of you provides to our children and communities is critical to their success, both in school, and later in life. Please click on a link to the left to view other family and community related activities, events and programs our school has to offer. Below are links to useful information for students, families and our school community. Please check back as this section of our web site grows.
Title I Parent's Rights
Parents are just as important in the educational process as the student and the teacher/school. Montebello Elementary Middle School strongly supports this concept whole heartedly. We believe that, as stated in the law, parent’s have specific rights. All of these rights focus on the parent being informed and involved in the education of their children.
Montebello Elementary Middle School is a Title I School. The following is a list of rights guaranteed to parents of students attending Montebello Elementary Middle School, as required by Title I regulations.
- At the beginning of the school year, Montebello will notify parents that the parent has the right to request information about the professional qualifications of the student’s classroom teachers. The parent should receive this requested information in a timely manner and in the language the parent can understand.
- Parents are involved in writing the Title I Program Plan and this plan will be available to all parents in a language that the parents can understand.
- Montebello will inform the parent how the parent will be provided results from the academic assessments in a timely manner, including the interpretation of those results, in a language the parent can understand.
- Parents will be involved in the decision-making for parental involvement activities, promoting family literacy and parenting skills, which utilize Title 1, Part A Parent involvement funds.
- Parents will be involved in designing a written Parent Involvement Policy, which describes how Montebello Ele/MS will communicate and work with parents to keep them involved and informed. This Parent Involvement Policy will be given to each parent.
- Montebello Ele/MS will present Title I informational meetings, offered at various times throughout the year. The parents will be informed about Title I, what it means to be a Title I school, what the requirements are for Title I, and about their rights to be involved.
- Montebello Ele/MS will involve parents in the planning, review, and improvement of Title I, Part A programs.
- Montebello Ele/MS together with parents will develop a School Parent Compact that describes how the school, parents, and students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement, and how they will build and develop a partnership to help children achieve the State’s high standards.